Welcome to the Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnership (MAPP) Network
Welcome to the MAPP Network, a virtual community for individuals and organizations who are interested in using the Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnership (MAPP) framework for community health improvement (CHI). The MAPP Network is an online forum for MAPP coordinators and their partners to access the MAPP news, tools, and funding opportunities; seek peer support from other practitioners and experts; and improve MAPP processes in their own community health assessment and improvement planning.
As the field both evolves to meet emerging needs and contends with centuries old structural inequities, it is time to reinforce MAPP’s relevance and tap into its potential to take on some of the greatest challenges our communities face. With funding from the CDC and the HRSA, NACCHO is spearheading a multi-year process to redesign the MAPP framework to align with the most current field needs.
Please visit the MAPP Evolution page which provides more information about the MAPP history and the evolution process, which will be the place to receive real time updates about MAPP Evolution, including the revised framework, the new assessments and engagement opportunities.
The MAPP Network offers the following features:
- Virtual forum for dialogue and peer-to-peer information exchange
- Repositories for CHI tools, stories, and recorded webinars & training
- Centralized source of live and archived CHI trainings and opportunities
- Member moderated Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) page with CHIP examples
The resources in the MAPP Network are vetted by NACCHO for inclusion and come from a variety of sources ranging from those produced by local public health partners to those developed by regional and national partners who support high quality CHI, except for the CHIP member exchange which is led members.
It is our hope that you find a space here to dialogue around challenges and celebrate successes, and we encourage you to use this platform to seek out new ideas, share your experiences, ask and answer questions, and hone your skills as a MAPP practitioner. We ask that you respect this space and each other, honoring the many diverse perspectives needed to elevate and improve the field of CHI.
It is our intent that the MAPP Network will achieve the following objectives:
- Provide real-time updates on MAPP evolution and transition the field to adopt MAPP 2.0 as its guiding CHI framework
- Provide MAPP communities with tools and resources necessary to effectively implement CHI in accordance with the MAPP’s foundational principle
- Centralize CHI training and TA opportunities from NACCHO and partner organization
- Increase expert and practitioner networking and exchange of best, promising, model, and innovative practices